Finding a perfect lipstick is as important as finding a perfect job. Not every lipstick or shades suits everyone. My cousin Deepti forced me to buy Sugar lipsticks. B\noth of us were in search for it and we couldn’t find anything from this brand in our regular shops. After much effort, we were able to find that there was a booth in the Lifestyle store in Viviana mall. I bought three lipsticks from there.
One of which is the one we are going to talk about today and the one I loved the most.
To remind you all this is my first liquid as well as matte lipstick!
Collection: Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick
Shade: 17, Fiery Red
Net Volume: 4.5ml
Price: INR 499
Type: Liquid matte (Drying)
About the shade:
It is a highly pigmented, one shade application is enough to give you an amazing coverage to your lips. I have medium dark Indian skin tone and this shade looks good on me and also I have seen many fair skinned girls use it too. Hence, I am confident that it looks good on every skin tone.
I suggest you moisturize your lips a wee bit before applying the lipstick as it is matte as well as liquid it has a drying effect on lips. Sometimes you can even feel your lips being pulled for a bit. With the help of applicator first give and out shape to your lips and then fill in inside is what I suggest for liquid lipsticks.
Along with normally used with silicates, preservatives and colours the ingredient list on the package also includes Vitamin E which I think is good as it will decrease damage caused by the ingredients in the lipstick.
As the name suggests, this lipstick is really smudged free. It lasts all day long and does not smudges or bleeds on the coffee mugs that I use in office (cleaning the lipstick messes are literally bitching. I wake up very early, attend class and then I go to work, hence I need something that will stay for a long time and won’t smudge. This lipstick helps me with that, it stays all day long till I remove it with a remover.
The lipstick is very difficult to remove, I used Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to remove this lipstick still it does not get removed easily. I then apply some coconut oil, rub it and then remove it with a cotton ball.
What I think about it?
- It stays all day long.
- It stayed even after I had three meals and had water all day long.
- As it is matte, it is also a bit drying on lips. If your lips are generally dry it can also form creases in your lips but this is a very very rare occurrence.
- The one thing I didn’t like is its applicator, it makes it very difficult to apply. This lipstick is very difficult to remove if anything goes wrong and you have to start again.
- This lipstick when applied looks very chic and professional, hence I love using it at work. It will also look good during a party if you have the right outfit.
- Looks good on every skin tone